Jim Cook Study Abroad Scholarship – Apply by Sunday, November 30, 2014
This scholarship was established by Dr. James Cook, retired GHC professor of history emeritus. The scholarship is intended for students who plan to participate in a GHC-sponsored trip to travel and study outside the United States during the 2014 summer semester.
Four (4) scholarships in the amount of $1,250.00 each will be awarded and five (5) grants in the amount of $1,000.00 each will be awarded.
Selection will be based first on academic merit and secondly on financial need.
All application materials (application form, essay, and recommendation by a GHC faculty member) must be received by December 1
How to Apply:
- Students in good academic standing
- Plans to study abroad with a Georgia Highlands College or University System of Georgia sponsored/endorsed study abroad trip for summer semester
- Submit a personal statement that describes the study abroad trip you plan to participate in, what you hope to gain from the experience, and what the scholarship will mean to you.
- Must be willing to give a brief interview after the trip about experiences abroad for use in GHC Study Abroad promotional material
Complete Georgia Highlands College Scholarship Application
- One educational recommendation form completed by a GHC faculty member
- Submit a personal statement described above. Format your response with 1 inch margins, double spaced and 12 pt. font. On the
top three lines include your name, scholarship name and the date.
E-mail as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must have FAFSA on file for current school year.
Submit electronic application, essay, and recommendation to: email@example.com (preferred) or mail to: Office of Advancement, Attn: Scholarship Committee, Georgia Highlands College, 3175 Cedartown Hwy, Rome, GA 30161